“Kelley, did you use magic elves to make this cake?”
“What? Magic apples? I guess I used magic apples if you consider hard apple cider magic apples.”
I apparently can’t hear worth a damn. However, that does not invalidate the wonderfulness that is this cake. I’ve had two people since this morning ask me to mail this cake to them. IT ALSO HAS BOOZE IN IT. I ORIGINALLY MADE THIS CAKE ON TUESDAY AND THIS CAKE CAN TURN YOUR TUESDAYS INTO BOOZEDAYS WITH THIS CAKE. Also, were you aware at how many Tuesday puns there are? Bluesdays. Snoozedays. Shoesdays! I may take advantage of this knowledge in the future. Actually, I know I will. >:)
Regardless, this is a good, warm, happy cake to share with your friends and coworkers. 😀
Boozy Bundt Cake
3 cups flour
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup apple sauce
3/4 cup hard apple cider
1/4 cup brandy
1 tbs vanilla
3 chopped, cored, peeled apples
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix eggs, apple sauce, cider, brandy, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
3. Combine dry ingredients.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Fold in apples.
5. Pour batter into a greased Bundt pan – bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. For the glaze, combine vanilla, sugars, and cinnamon. Add cider until your reach the desired consistency. Pour glaze over cake once it has cooled and refrigerate covered.